I believe in celebrating every special occasion, moment or phase in my life..and pregnancy was no exception. I wanted to do something unique which will remind me of this beautiful phase. So I decided to paint my maternity t-shirts which I wore for my yoga classes and also in general when I stepped out for walks. On similar lines I also found an interesting way to make my pregnancy announcement and baby update. You can read about it here.
It was so much fun and satisfying. It was not just work of art but display of my emotions for my unborn baby. I am sure every mom-to-be goes through so plethora of imaginations and emotions for their upcoming bundle of joy. I was so happy that I could put my creativity to some use
Now Rian is 3.5 months old but I still wear these maternity t-shirts. They bring a smile on my face. Takes me back to the memories of being pregnant. It is extremely blissful..no words can explain.
When I first posted the pic of these hand painted maternity t-shirts on my groups, I got many compliments and messages. There were requests to mention the detailed step by step actions to make these at home thus writing these blogpost.
What will you need:
- Some plain T-shirts. I got mine from Amazon. I also used some of my old running T-shirts.
I wore them with my favorite Zenana Leggings
2. Fabri Paint/Acrylic Colors from Amazon.
You can buy them from Michaels too. Any fabric paint will do for painting these maternity-tshirts
3. Brushes. I shop most of my stuff from Amazon so I ordered these too.
- Save images of the graphics which you want on the T-shirts. I downloaded from google.
2. Take color printouts and make cutouts
3. Draw the border of the cutouts on the tshirt. Once the border is done, fill in the color and other details using other colors and markers.
4. Let the maternity t-shirt dry for 24 hrs. Post 24 hrs you can start wearing them and can also wash them.
I even bought some readymade maternity t-shirts from Amazon shown below: